ExPVR V3.5 Beta - Pre-Darwin Conversion & Disk Merging

Announcements about ExPVR, the Sky+ HD and XTV recording extractor.
mrmt32
Site Admin

ExPVR V3.5 Beta - Pre-Darwin Conversion & Disk Merging

Postby mrmt32 » Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:51 pm

I have just uploaded a new beta version to http://www.ph-mb.com/products/ExPVR/downloads which adds a fair few new features, including support for copying from pre-darwin Thompson boxes (the legacy planner is now converted to the darwin format as part of the copy) and the ability to copy recordings from more than one source drive (disk merging).

I have also added an option to add the date the recording was made to the beginning of the synopsis of each copied recording. The current sky planner only shows the day of the month, which can be quite annoying for people with older recordings. Obviously this will not work for recordings made after the copy, but it is better than nothing.

As this is a beta, there may be some issues, but I have tested all the features with my Samsung box, and a Thompson I purchased the other day, and everything seems to be working. One possible problem is that this version is a bit more picky when it comes to the database format (it has to be, as it must also create databases as part of the Thompson conversion and merging features), so if any of the boxes have a slightly different database version it may give an error. If this happens, I would be grateful if you could send me a copy of the databases (PCAT.DB and MFS.DB in the FSN_DATA directory of the sky hard disk) so I can add support.

saintalan

Re: ExPVR V3.5 Beta - Pre-Darwin Conversion & Disk Merging

Postby saintalan » Fri Apr 27, 2012 6:26 pm

Hi Matt

Have downloaded the latest Beta today and the Install has taken a couple of hours as it was installing .Net4 which my Win7 already had and had no MS updates pending.

I tried the install without it but the ExPVR install said I needed to download it, it eventually finished but when I rebooted MS had 4 updates pending. When it had rebooted the 4 updates were for Net4. Not sure what happened there.

Anyway the good news is I still had my Thomson HD from previous upgrade and ExPVR read the planner fine and I was able to copy non encrypted stuff to PC and works fine in XBMC.

So hope that means the rest will work fine but wont have chance to check anymore before Sunday at the earliest.

I also got some cables & a disk caddy arrive today so some work to do next week!

Cheers

Alan

PS Funny thing is I have stuff on that drive that I copied to my current Thomson and STILL haven't watched :D

Druids Nectar

Postby Druids Nectar » Tue May 29, 2012 7:46 pm

Just thought I'd let you know, I managed to transfer some recordings from a Pace Sky+ box (model 6.3.18, version 9F2204) to an Amstrad DRX890 Sky+ HD box.

All the programs seemed to be watchable, except for the most recently recorded one. I currently need to pair the viewing card with the DRX890, so I'm not sure if that was part of the problem.

One really odd and frustrating problem I did encounter during the process (and I almost gave up due to it) was transferring programmes from disk to the other. I seemed to have no problems getting the recordings to write to an image file, but I could not get the recordings to write to the DRX890 disk.

I used an external SATA/IDE to USB conversion cable. I even managed to connect both disks at the same time on the one cable, but neither solution seemed to work. Every time the recordings were being written to the DRX890 disk, ExPVR would crash. No clue as to why. However just as the crash occurred on the very last time, Windows 7 Home also told me that the disks could perform better if connected to a USB 2 port. My PC is pretty new, and fairly well specced, and I'd be surprised if there are any USB 1 ports in it, but the overall cable length may have been a contributing factor. I changed the USB port the drives were connected to, and tried again, everything worked without fault. Does ExPVER perform badly at slow data rates?

geoffrey

Postby geoffrey » Wed Jul 25, 2012 12:33 pm

Just to thank you for the 3.5 beta (3.5.4497.16408) which worked perfectly transfering from a Thompson HD box (Big Endian) to an Amstrad DRX890 (Darwin). Its not even necessary to take the disks out - just the cases need to be opened. If the DRX890 disk has been used for anything else the partition needs first to be deleted using Windows Disk Management before doing the copy.

metrochemdry

Postby metrochemdry » Wed Dec 20, 2017 5:34 am

We recommend that anybody avoid becoming an additional business which will underestimated costs or found this market is not ready regarding what they to existing. Below we have outlined ten major causes why you have to make the catering bestbusinessworld
Now you've decided you desire to start a good enterprise you have to write a broad business put together. All businesses should have one as well as perhaps they tend to be vital if you want the business to possess smoothly. The simple truth is, it will be practically impossible to obtain funding, bestbusinessventure
Inside your previous submitted article, Marketing having a Budget for Small businesses, we introduced smaller businesses proprietors in order to standard, but effective marketing methods including leaving the web footprint, handing on an outing business bestbusinessspot
Many baby boomer companies anxiously looking forward to retirement obtain postponed it this could financial explain. With over 50 percent of the actual firms in america owned using the baby boomer age bracket, there are a lot of baby boomers in order to ebusinessbite
When a company person really wants to a business, it is essential for them to carefully select which sort of business structure will definitely best match their demands. A business litigation attorney can explain connect programs ebusinessstory
With this information, we are usually providing an awareness of the negative aspects to consider whenever a business person decides in order to trade their own organization. Right here, we additionally discuss the fundamental professionals that have been needed in order to complete this type of transaction. ebusinesscrib
Maybe you've already observed many reviews of exactly how people began an business with greatly enthusiasm but aren't able to run the concept successfully for that long-term. The failure of the business functions, in my personal estimation, nothing regarding your best of luck or another spiritual energy. topbusinessinsider
Turning self-employment correct business requires establishing products and procedures so that your business continues to be whether you will be there in addition to not. One reason a lot of business owners are scared to with patience away away their company my partner and we topbusinesstalk
We probab to encounter a manage around the financing. But in truth that little if any people usually learn how to do the concept. Almost the numerous people fail within the operation associated with generating as well as maintaining a personal finance put together. financeheat
If you are an business owner considering adding a brand new boat for any business surgical treatments or navy, remember a lot of boat financial loans options can be applied, or particularly, business fishing-boat ownership. This is actually the description from the extremely popular fishing-boat finance options open. financeshelter
Finance is simply about the very best fields if you want to get a brand new well spending and reliable job. The improve in the amount of job functions for first timers finance keeps growing so much that you simply undoubtedly find a great job that may satisfy the requirements you possess. financeparlor
When you'll definitely learn whatever you can in relation to finance together with business, you wish to ensure you will be getting one of the most detailed information that may be found. When anybody go determine your money in the event you own a good enterprise, you need to make particular nothing slips within the cracks. financepalace
Hard earnings lender property loans existing borrowers utilizing poor credit the chance to buy your house. Hard earnings loans are much more expensive in comparison with traditional house mortgages borrowed through mortgage officers. financecrib
Inside your global associated with shrunken liquidity, you'll be able to niche asset-based lenders who'll be energetic. His or even her areas incorporate bill invoice discounting, buy get financial, words of credit rating for import/export, merchant pay day loans, and items finance. 1stfinanceconnect
The worldwide financial catastrophe has left an ordinary American without any cash to obtain real home, while one of the most critical component of purchasing a house is your own arrangement including finance. Now you don't have sufficient cash, 1stfinancetoday
Finances are usually intertwined with almost all aspect in our own life; personalized financial situation, organization financial situation, union financial situation, etc all need to have a great basic concept of the easy principles including finance. Isn't it time to discover somewhat 1stfinancespot
For companies considering SBA financing to be able to either purchase or refinance a brand new commercial property for their business, there are many distinct strengths over associated conventional regular bank financing while using the SBA deals. 1stfinancecafe
Starting upward an business can continually be exciting but can also be challenging especially if you don't have sufficient funds trigger. The financial component of any business is crucial and ought to be planned together with managed superbly. 1stfinancetutorial
A look at the start method up finance ways of businesses together with why picking a funder have to only end up being generated after a surgical procedure of persistent research. Furthermore, a look at the five most widely used forms including business funding/finding money for companies. myfinancehq
In the earlier days I handled upon your own challenges which will Hong Kong's government faces when seeking to implement the actual specified changes to determine a quantity playing self-discipline between traditional lending options and your own alternatives proven by Islamic funding. myfinancelink
One of the Traders price of carrying out business whilst trading CFDs would be the overnight funding all CFD brokers charge should you hold a great position immediately. Whilst you may realise this could be unnecessary, you have to learn which its just a very scaled-down cost associated with performing company. myfinancecity
Business resources finance is actually pretty popular obtaining the essential company tools. But receiving the best cope is simpler in concept. This content material provides tips to obtain the right business equipment funding company. vipfinanceadvice
The of funding wherein the numerous fiscal conclusions are eaten by conglomerates is referred to as corporate as well as business financial. What's much more, it consists of the devices and evaluation forced in order to formulate this kind of decisions. Corporate as well as business finance could be involved vipfinanceguide
Could be scarcity including funds stopping your business? Are you researching ways to finance a brand new business nonetheless dread considering monthly home loan installments? In the event you said yes about the above, equity financial loans is what your online business needs. radiofinancejournal
Debt debt consolidation reduction finance is performed especially regarding enabling your own borrower in getting rid of debts. Your loan could be approved regarding bad credit rating people additionally under collateralized or charge card options. Feel the article regarding key difficulties with the funding. hitfinanceblog
With architectural advancement as well as the development within the Internet, kinds of benefits accessible to finish consumers. Shopping is not exception to the current and a chance of internet affiliate marketing has recently been introduced like a platform to reach at soloshoppingtutorial
We just about all should shop towards the various content material and items from time to time. Sometimes we wind up needing little stuff are crucial for our daily lives while every once in awhile we may be wanting a heightened tech device. Shopping is probably an indispensable part of our living. evershoppinghq
Canada's on-line buying sector is struggling with a price of development with lots of Canadians choosing a chance of task their looking inside together with online. In an exceedingly recent evaluate conducted all through Canada, it ended up discovered which will online looking hitshoppingblog
Price assessment shopping is actually common all through countries similar to the UK as well as the US. The looking has numerous perks on the regular 1. Extra developments regarding the comparison looking are pointed out below. tutorialshopping
Melbourne could be famous because of the shopping. Hot insider tips range from the many sexy shopping experiences you're going to get in your own eclectic within city little town towns. Each precinct includes a distinct style, intimate environment, shoppingterritory

Return to “Announcements”