Pre-Darwin to Darwin Copies and Disk Merging

Announcements about ExPVR, the Sky+ HD and XTV recording extractor.
saintalan

Re: Pre-Darwin to Darwin Copies and Disk Merging

Postby saintalan » Thu May 03, 2012 4:50 pm

jeallen01 wrote:...- So, making sure you HAVE selected the Target disk and not one of the others (especially your internal Drive 0 system disk, right-click in the right-hand pane of that disk and choose to remove the partition.

Hi John

I am in my process and not ready to do the above yet but thought I would just check it out.

There is no 'Delete Partition' available only 'Delete Volume', is that what you mean?

Cheers

Alan

PS EDIT Just seen Matt's instructions on other forum. Delete volume.

jeallen01

Postby jeallen01 » Fri May 04, 2012 7:14 am

saintalan wrote:
jeallen01 wrote:...- So, making sure you HAVE selected the Target disk and not one of the others (especially your internal Drive 0 system disk, right-click in the right-hand pane of that disk and choose to remove the partition.

Hi John

I am in my process and not ready to do the above yet but thought I would just check it out.

There is no 'Delete Partition' available only 'Delete Volume', is that what you mean?

Cheers

Alan

PS EDIT Just seen Matt's instructions on other forum. Delete volume.

Correct - my error, but as I was in the processing of merging both disks at the time, I did not want to get to close to the possibility of screwing up the process by getting Disk Manager to do something that would affect my target disk! Therefore I was commenting from memory - and my memory was wrong! :o

saintalan

Postby saintalan » Fri May 04, 2012 8:14 am

Cheers John, have you seen my query today about Create Image?

Alan

jeallen01

Postby jeallen01 » Fri May 04, 2012 9:50 am

saintalan wrote:Cheers John, have you seen my query today about Create Image?

Alan

Alan

Have now had a look, but can't help as I have not tried to create an image on an internal hard disk!

John

manhar

Postby manhar » Tue Jul 10, 2012 3:54 pm

mrmt32 wrote:Unfortunately it is not possible to 'add' to an already formatted disk (if I enabled this, and something went wrong, it could ruin the only copy of someone's recordings!). The method is:

1. Check the disks you want to copy from in the left panel
2. Select the recordings you want (recordings from both disks will now be listed on the right)
3. Copy to a new disk in the same way as before

Sorry if this wasn't made clear, I do plan to add proper documentation before the final release of V3.5. Also, do note that V3.5 is currently a beta version, so there is a possibility that you will experience problems with the new features (I have tested it with Thompson and Samsung Sky+ HD boxes, but it needs to be tested with others).

Doe this mean three hard disks connectesd simultaneoulsy to the PC?

Return to “Announcements”