Target Drive Not Listed?

Post here if you have any problems with ExPVR.
mrmt32
Site Admin

Re: Target Drive Not Listed?

Postby mrmt32 » Wed Nov 27, 2013 6:50 pm

The disk should not be showing as not initialised. If it is doing this it either means it is blank, it has an invalid MBR or that the USB interface is not working correctly / connected correctly (this is the most likely possibility if the disk worked in your sky box). First check that the connections to the disk, if it is still not working then could you try a different USB interface or connecting the disk directly to a PC?

willo77

Postby willo77 » Wed Nov 27, 2013 7:05 pm

it did work fine in the old box and the usb sata cable is brand new, its got a red light on top to let you know its got power to it also. I have tried it in different usb ports but still nothing. the hdd as not been used for about 11 months as it was from an older sky box, but I wouldn't have thought that non use would have stopped it from working. I took it out of sky box last week and its not been connected to anything till now. really lost with anything to do now. I've got another sky box to open up and to transfer aswell but I don't want to maybe make another mistake if that's what I have done with this one, because the next sky box hdd is the one with all the recordings from the last 11 months, etc and would rather not lose them also.

winchesterstoke

Postby winchesterstoke » Wed Mar 11, 2015 4:47 pm

Hi, I'm trying to copy some programs from my old Sky box HDD to my new Sky box HDD (which has already got some recordings on it).

I've connected both HDDs to my desktop and started eXPVR. I can examine the recordings on both HDDs - extracting the ones I need to my PC (from both disks). When I try and copy the recordings (they're encrypted - so I want to be able to watch the recordings on my new box), I do the following:

In exPVR, select the old drive, then select the recordings I want to transfer.
Then I select "Copy selected recordings to new hard disk".....but no disk is listed (and I can see the target HDD listed on the left hand side of the screen)?

Am I doing this the correct way please? If so, why is the new disk not listed?

If checked in disk manager and it looks fine (no partitions)?

thanks

dlorde

Postby dlorde » Sun Jul 12, 2015 5:37 pm

I'm upgrading a faulty Amstrad DRX895C 1TB to a refurbished Amdstrad DRX895W 2TB (supplied by Sky), so I want to copy the recordings to the new machine.

I've got the old EPR listing up on ExPVR ready to copy, but the new DRX895 has a version number of 4F31xx, and the Target Drive list only shows DRX895's with a version number of 4F35xx.

Should I follow the version number (4F31xx) of the new box, or the model type (Amstrad DRX895 2TB) for the target disk?

dlorde

Postby dlorde » Tue Jul 14, 2015 6:08 pm

Well, I decided to gamble, and copied the recordings from my old Amstrad DRX 895 to my PC as a disk image. Then I connected the new Amstrad's disk to the PC, deleted its partition, and copied the image to the new machine's disk, selecting the Amstrad DRX 895 2TB target disk option (despite the version number being different).

It seems to have worked OK - I can see and play the old recordings in the planner and make new ones. I did a planner rebuild, which went through OK. The only difference I notice from my old Amstrad is that the planner is in reverse date order (oldest first), like the old EPG, and there's no 'Scheduled' tab. I'm considering trying a forced software update, but it may be that this machine, with its old version number, won't get the new EPG.

E.T.A. A forced update did install the latest R011 EPG.

DelBoy65

Postby DelBoy65 » Fri Mar 11, 2016 1:09 pm

Upgrading my DRX895 1TB ( WD15EURS) due to HDD faults. Bought new WD20EURX (reviews say this drive works well as a Sky HD replacement), and loaded both discs into Inateck USB3.0 docking stations. In Windows 7, initialized new disc as MBR set as simple volume and unformatted. No partitions present. Managed to load planner and checked required recordings, clicked on disc icon, in 'format & copy wizard' no target drive listed. Refresh didn't work. Swapped cables round, swapped caddies round, deleted drive re-installed drive. Nothing works.

Managed to create an image to an old WD My Book. Tried to transfer the image to ED20EURX unsuccessfully. The planner from the image loads, but the HD icon does not respond, nothing. can't even get the 'format & copy wizard' to open. Closed the program, rebooted, same thing. Tried again using a Seagate ST2000VM003, nothing.

What am I doing wrong? Is there a software glitch? Is it a hardware glitch? Do I need jumpers for the drive(s)?

Also when I open ExPVR, it has a windows blue/yellow shield in the corner, is this normal. I had problems initially, Norton IS quarantined the program as suspect.

Please HELP! I have been trying this for days now and am very frustrated.

msrowell

Postby msrowell » Sat Oct 22, 2016 12:45 pm

I'm tearing my hair out over this! I'm using expvr 3.9.21 and I've used different size disks, all of which show up as unallocated. I've even used a disk that has been properly wiped (it took over 8 hours), all to no avail. I can create an image of the hard drive but no matter what I do the target disk won't show up. I last used this program (in an earlier version) about 3/4 years ago and it worked fine.

eoink

Postby eoink » Fri Nov 11, 2016 1:55 pm

Try Convert to GPT Disk in Windows Disk Management, without creating any new partitions.
Then restart ExPVR.

tevogaming

Postby tevogaming » Tue Dec 20, 2016 6:35 pm

To solve my issue with it not being listed i had to convert the drive to a gpt drive

ulzco

Postby ulzco » Thu Feb 16, 2017 4:20 pm

Hi
I've a DRX890i-C Italian SKY decoder . I've connect to the PC the original HD and create an IMAGE .
Then I've connect the new 1TB HDD to the PC, start ExPVR formatted the HDD , then i've open the image , select all the recording , but when I choice Copy to new HDD,
any hdd is displayed . But ExPVR recognize the HDD because is displayed in the drive zone on left .
What's the problem ? How can I resolve ?

Return to “Help & Support”